Tuesday, September 23, 2008

*Phew~*

I have just completed my 1st draft of the team assignment on Managerial Economics and posted up for my team-mates to comment. I am the last one to contribute so I was actually quite anxious. I was even thinking about the assignment in my sleep last night! I am a little relieved now...*phew~*

The rash all over my body has more or less subsided but I am experiencing very dry skin now. Some of the areas where the spots have subsided are starting to peel a little. I think I may be moulting...will my skin be baby-smooth after that? I certainly hope so! :D

The stock market is still in chaos but I don't really care. I don't buy stocks, not anymore. I have lost like about SGD200K during the 90s and I have since refrained from trading stocks. I have no luck to make fast money, it's my life, I have to work for my money and I consider myself lucky that I have enough to live comfortably.

A typhoon is approaching Hong Kong again and we are expecting that the Observatory will put up a Tropical Storm Warning Signal 8 tonight. Many colleagues are hoping that the signal will be up tomorrow morning instead so that we don't have to come to work though. For me, as long as I have internet connections, I don't really mind where I am, at work or at home. These days, I am practically studying online like that of a full-time student. I am either reading my textbooks or online course materials or reading my classmates' posts and responding to them. I am actually kind of addicted to this kind of online learning. I log on everyday! It takes quite a lot of discipline of course since there's no real classroom to attend. There are times I wish that I don't have to study but the sense of fulfillment and accomplishment after I submit my assignments is really overwhelming!

*The sweet after the bitter really tastes SWEETER!*

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad that you're feeling better now.

Yep, the stock market is really chaotic right now with the volatility and all. FTSE went to hell and back this morning after Congress rejected Bush's 700bn bailout plan.

Oh well, people around me are feeling kind of nervous right now. See how it goes. :0