Thursday, March 25, 2010

Life is boring?

I was chatting with an ex-colleague on the phone the other day and apparently, she is very happy with her life right now after being retrenched from my company. I had worried slightly for her as I know that she won't be able to get another job paying her the same anywhere else...How wrong was I!

Post-work, she stayed at home slightly less than 3 months to take care of her daughter and husband. Then she enrolled herself in some make-up lessons and she's since been doing bridal makeup and hairdo! She will also be enrolling herself for a course on wedding planning and she is intending to make a career out of it. She told me that for the 1st time in her life, she realized that she has a dream and it feels really good. I am happy for her.

The conversation set me thinking..."what am I doing here in HK?", "is this job what I really want to do?", "do I have a dream?"...The answers to them are "for the money", "no" and "no". How sad. But I have to admit, I have lost my dream ever since I quit the tour business and started working for others. I have been working day in day out, trying to do what is expected of me and getting paid at the end of every month. I have worked for this present company for the past 8 years and so far the only job satisfaction I got from this job was being able to attain a position where no Asian female has ever attained in the organisation. But so what? What's the point? Honestly, I really don't know...

My latest passion at the moment is my 2 toy poodle pups. I am thinking of having a third one...a white toy poodle maybe...am I crazy?

No comments: