Friday, September 23, 2011

Baby J is 200 days old!


I have weaned baby J off breast milk for more than 4 days now but I still miss the wonderful feeling of having him suckle at my breasts. So last night I tried to breast feed him again and he was very eager to latch on, smiling and kicking excitedly. My hearted melted and I was overwhelmed with love for that couple of minutes. If I had more milk, he would have suckled much longer but unfortunately, I couldn't get my milk flowing as before. I read somewhere that if I persisted and continue to let him suckle or take some supplements, I would probably be able to breast feed him again even though I have stopped for a week or more. But I have to start travelling overseas on business trips more frequently again and it would be really hard for me, especially when my breasts get painfully engorged. Baby J doesn't seem to mind taking formula milk anyway and he has started taking solids as well. He is enjoying all sorts of food being fed to him and he is growing up very fast.

Baby J has just passed his 200 days old mark mid-week and he is sitting up rather steadily by himself and also started crawling. He can flip and turn very fast when lying down and we really have to keep a close eye on him, especially when he is on the bed, sofa or the changing table. He is also giggling a lot and making everyone at home so happy, especially the old folks.

The overwhelming maternal love I have for baby J surprised even myself and I have to be careful not to show too much of it in front of my older children. N is still alright, but I think D is rather jealous of baby J. Perhaps it's because they are both boys and D is still young? Or perhaps he is just feeling insecure as baby J is his step-father's baby. I am not sure if he is doing it on purpose or he is just plain not interested in arts but I received a call from his art teacher yesterday complaining that he is very late in submitting 2 art projects. Hubby went to help him do his project and he seemed rather happy that we were there even though I was scolding him and criticising his CA results. I think we should have a good family time this weekend.




No comments: