Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Passions in My Life

It's mostly me and baby J this week at home as hubby is out attending a 4-day bowling coach seminar. Bowling is one of his biggest passion in life and he has always wanted to be eligible to teach kids bowling as a sideline. So, this is his first step towards his dream and I am happy that he is able to do something that he likes.

As for myself, I don't have any real passion in my life...I just try to be the best at whatever I happen to be doing at each point of my life. When I was in Primary School, I swam competitively and trained really hard to become the best in my school and 3rd nationally for the 50-metre freestyle event. Then in Secondary School, I achieved the highest rank there was to achieve in the National Police Cadet Corps (an uniformed youth organisation) and also attained all the various badges by my senior year. In Junior College, school became secondary as I became terribly busy with other things in my life. I started dating, so my boyfriend was the center of my life then. And I started working part-time and modelling. I was then obsessed in making money for buying myself branded stuffs and also enjoying the finer things in life such as dining at Japanese restaurants and wine-tasting. I was also very passionate about all things Japanese as I was learning the language. By the time I was in University, I was quite good at speaking the language, so I worked as a part-time tour guide to Japanese tourists in Singapore. After graduating, I attained license to guide professionally and also started my own agency.

My life became more complicated in adulthood. Made big money, lost most of it, fell inlove with the wrong man, got married, had 2 children, bought property at the wrong time...When my business went bust after 4 years, I started to work as an office worker mainly in Japanese companies. Thanks to my fluency in the Japanese language, I was able to climb the corporate ladder pretty fast in my present company. I have a stable income although it is not the kind of job I really like to do. I have a big family now. My husband, his mum and his uncle stays with me. My mum and my two children stay just 2 floors above. And I have a new born son who is at present my biggest passion.

No comments: