Thursday, May 26, 2011

Baby J is 11 weeks old

My baby is 11 weeks old now and we are more or less settled into a daily routine where we will both start the day at 11am with me giving him a bath and then put him at his swing by the window while I grab myself a cup of coffee and some breakfast of mainly bread with pork floss or nutella. I will also read the papers briefly and also check my emails on my iPhone while I eat. By this time, baby J will already be making noise for attention and grandpa will entertain him while I finish up my breakfast, do the laundry, feed the dogs their vitamins, go to toilet, clean myself up and put on some makeup, etc...By 12:30pm, baby J and I will head up to grandma's place. At grandma's, I will have a light lunch of mainly bee hoon soup and some fruits while grandma plays with baby. Then it will be time for feeding and putting baby down for his afternoon nap...Then I will be free to do whatever, which is nothing much as I probably have only an hour...the rest of the afternoon is spent playing with baby J and attending to his needs.


This is the 11th week of my maternity leave and I really have not done much. Other than taking care of baby J, I am trying to watch my daily calories intake and exercise a little to help myself loose weight faster, I still have about 8 to 10 kgs more to loose before I consider myself back in my desired shape. I doubt I can loose all of that weight in the next 5 weeks when I am due to go back to work though...I am also worried about loosing hair as baby J approaches 3 months old which is common...

Will be going out with the girls and watching Wakin's concert at the indoor stadium this Saturday. It's a much looked forward break away from baby J for me and hopefully he will not make too much of a fuss for his grandpa and daddy...

No comments: