Friday, February 24, 2012

Baby J is ONE!

Baby J @ 1 year old
It was baby J's 1st birthday according to the Lunar calendar yesterday and it also coincided with a Chinese deity's birthday (大伯公), so we went to a charity dinner in honor of him. Now at 1 year old, baby J is walking and almost running, babbling words such as "mama" which can either be referring to me or his grandma, "mum mum" which means he wants to eat whatever we are eating, "nan nan" which means he wants a bottle of milk and plenty of "woos" and "ahhs" and "bahs" which I have not figured out what they are.

Physically he is of normal weight and height, very close to the 50th percentile mark. But I think he's kind of a fast developer in terms of his mobility skills and also verbal skills. Both his big sister and brother didn't walk or babble words as early as he did and many other mothers are commenting that he is really fast, so I guess he is. Sometimes I think he's growing too fast! I kind of miss him when he was still suckling at my breasts and let me craddle him in my arms. I miss the special smell that only breast-feeding babies have and also the times when we both lied on my bed and he would suck at my breast until we both fell asleep. I felt so blissful!

No comments: